Welcome to Pathfinder! This will be our regular column for information regarding WildStar’s innovative feature: Character Paths. Today we are going to take a look at what we know about the Soldier Path – the “Path of destruction” – where we will get to kill things in new and exciting ways. This Path will have you wreaking havoc all over Nexus by killing bad guys, taking out key targets, protecting faction assets, and field testing new weapons. Here’s what the official WildStar website has to say about the Soldier:
You have come here to kick ass! Initiate epic battles, mastering new weapons and special combat skills as you smash your way up the ranks for fame, fortune and glory.
Source: WildStar Official Website
We currently know of five different types of missions that players who roll Soldiers will encounter in their adventures, and each one of them looks to be exciting in their own ways.
- SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) – In these missions, we will get to play with new weapons. Carbine has already alluded to bug zappers and special grenades. I’m really interested to see what else they are going to be able to dream up for us.
- Rescue Op – These don’t sound like your standard escort quest. I think just about any MMO player has done those in other games, and most have not been fond of them. In WildStar, we will be rescuing civilians and allies from all sorts of crazy situations that are sure to be afoot on Nexus.
- Demolition – Who doesn’t love to blow stuff up? Demolition missions will involve finding our target and going in to set the charge. Once set, we will have to get out of the telegraph (in this case, the blast radius) so we can watch the explosion in all of it’s glorious wonder. Alternatively, you can walk away with your back to it like you’re in a Michael Bay movie.
- Assassination – In Assassinations, we will have to infiltrate the enemy and kill a specified target. From the sounds of it, these targets will not be pushovers, but they may provide healthy rewards once they are defeated.
- Conquer – These missions are going to be quite frequent will come in two different flavors, Holdout and Protect. These will actually be area-wide events that only Soldiers can trigger. In Holdouts we will be fighting waves of enemies with the goal to withstand their attacks. In Protect missions, we will have to defend a point-of-interest or a key faction member as the waves of enemies come at us. An important thing to note is that as more players join the fight, the waves will get stronger which should result in phatter loots at the end.
I know I’m excited for this Path, and I am very curious to see how it will play with all of the various classes and other paths in the game. Going around a new world and blowing stuff up just sounds like too much fun. What are your thoughts on the Soldier? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter (@MissionNexus) using the hashtag: #MNPathfinder!Written by: Domichi