Welcome back to Pathfinder! Today we are going to take a look at what we know about the Explorer Path, where we will get to discover the many hidden secrets of Nexus. Here’s what the official WildStar website has to say about the Explorer:
You will explore the wonders of an alien world. Travel to the darkest corners of this mysterious planet while discovering the locations of ancient artifacts of immense power. Climb higher, dig deeper and go farther than anyone in order to claim territory in the name of your faction.
Source: WildStar Official Website
We currently know of five different types of missions that players who chose the Explorer Path will encounter in their adventures, and each one of them looks to be exciting in their own way.
- Claim Territory – Here we will have to discover everything there is on the zone map while planting our factions’ flags along the way. For those of us who always have to open every part of the map, there will be extra motivation to do so and our factions may actually benefit from it.
- Vista – We will have to navigate difficult terrain to find a perfect view of a target, almost like a sniper, although I doubt stealth will be a factor in these missions. Vista missions will open up additional timed challenges to further test how fast we can navigate around the demanding landscapes.
- Power Map – This will be similar to the Vista missions except we will be tracking anomalies that pop up around the world. These will also us take to some very hard to reach places and should allow us to capture some glorious views on Nexus.
- Scavenger – Searching for and finding Eldan artifacts is what the Scavenger missions will be all about. I think these missions will require us to do a little thinking on our own to figure out exactly what we are looking for and where we are going to find it. We should be getting clues from NPC’s and in-game directions and hints as we search to help us put the pieces together in order for us to find exactly what it is we are trying to find.
- Secret Doors- It sounds like a lot of these will be popping up on Nexus. Secret Doors will lead us in to hidden catacombs, secret labs, and possibly shortcuts to some of the hardest to reach places.
According to the build that was available for play at PAX East 2013, the Explorer Path will be awarding the following path-specific titles as we level. Source: WildStar-Cental Forums
- “the Adventurer”
- “the Scout”
- “the Navigator”
- “the Cartographer”
- “the Expeditionist”
- “the Anthropologist”
I know that many of us are excited for this Path and are very curious to see just how detailed and adventurous the Explorer missions will be. Discovering all the hidden areas, claiming territory for our factions, and flying up to the very hard to reach places just sounds amazing! What are your thoughts on the Explorer? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter (@MissionNexus) using the hashtag: #MNPathfinder!Written by: Domichi